Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dieter Dolls

okay, so they are more like action figures - action figures that teach morals. Pull the string and you hear a quote from Pres. Uchtdorf. It gets better: Dieter Dolls is only the working name (what can I say? the aliteration was great). Plans to include other apostles - current (collect the quorum!) and beyond the veil also are in the works (requests have already been made for J. Golden models).

Here's a preliminary rendition of the Dieter Doll - ignore that the back reflection has an uncanny resemblence to Clark Kent. . .





Can't you just hear him saying something like, "When I was a pilot for Lufthansa. . . "?


While worries of portraying the older generations as action figures is something to keep in mind, I'm more concerned that my target market will be relegated to the Mormon versions of Rod and Todd Flanders.

2 comments:

Moo said...

Perhaps Dieter could also give airplane warnings, along with gospel quotes. Things said in a calming voice like, "Please don't worry, the proper authorities have been alerted that both engines are on fire and the aircraft is losing altitude at an alarming"...boom, crash, explosion. Just a thought. Also, I think the doll should be available in English and German additions. All other languages will need to be translated by returned missionaries.

Beee said...

From just the title I thought it was diet-er dolls, as in dolls that help you stay on your diet. Or perhaps dolls that you could abuse while on your diet, like those da**it dolls that my great aunt Margie made. lol