Monday, February 15, 2010

The Suite. . . er, inside cabin. . . Life on Deck



Most of our daytime was spent on shore but life on deck was a fun part of the vacation too. The ship provided us with plenty of time to relax and have fun. While we spent a lot of it reading and resting, we also took time to climb the rock wall on deck, swim, and go miniature golfing. We formed a team and competed in the progressive trivia tournament (we came in 4th out of 20?). We did a little whale watching, saw some movies in the ship's movie theater and, almost every night, we caught the live show before dinner. We even managed to go to the gym a few times.

We ate in the formal dining room every evening. We were there an average of three hours a night! We had a fun wait staff but if it wasn't for my allergy we probably would have gone to the buffet a few nights. However, we used the opportunity to try new things. Amanda and I tried lobster for the first time.

When we returned to our cabins after dinner we looked forward to seeing what towel art our room attendant left for us. We think this was an aardvark (I took a few pictures to show mom and dad since their attendant's skills centered on snakes.):

I loved this one. Although that had more to do the 3 "no hangers/hanging" stickers on the ceiling surrounding the bat hanging from the ceiling than the art itself.

I love signs. This had to be my favorite sign I found on the ship:

No comments: