Monday, February 15, 2010

Mexico is a Wonderful World of Color


Mom, Dad, my sister Amanda, and I spent a week cruising down the Mexican Riviera. This was what my parents thought up to do instead of try to make it to two graduations on opposite ends of the continent. It was a fun alternative especially since Amanda and I haven't got to spend a lot of time with them or with each other the past 6 1/2 years. We saw many beautiful places, went on great adventures, and best of all shared good times together. As an added bonus, I was also able to see lots of Catholic things. There is something that intrigues me about religious memorabilia particularly with those associated with Catholicism - maybe it's because they've been around for so long (I should blog about this fascination some time. . . ). It didn't seem to matter what we were doing or what port we were at one thing* was certain, we were going to see lots of color (except my dad. He's color blind so, perhaps, he only saw color, not lots of color).





*actually two things were certain: color and hand sanitizer stations warning that failure to sanitize your hands could result in swine flu (a.k.a. the H1N1 virus).

No comments: