Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saving the World from the Portuguese

"The Portuguese are out so I'm going around hitting them with a shovel."

This was my reminder today that chivalry is not dead. However, it's probably been nearly 300 years since somone associated hitting Portuguese with honorable protection. It came this morning when I was out on a Sunday walk. I was taking a picture when I heard someone say something to me. I turned around to see a little boy holding a fold up shovel and looking quite proud of himself.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't hear you. What did you say?"

That's when I learned of those devious Europeans and a five-year-old's quest to teach them who was boss. Although I'm fairly certain he was referring to these rather than these. . .

1 comment:

Moo said...

So glad that chivalry isn't dead, even if it was a little boy who was chivalrous.