
At the Dole Cannery. It has now been turned into a shopping center.

Buddhist Lantern Lighting on Memorial Day.

Byoo-din Temple at the Valley of the Temples (a.k.a. nice cemetery). It's designed to look lik the one in Japan. However, I don't know if the original has a gift shop next to it like this one did.

At the Lost set just before we were told to stop trespassing.

Turtle happily swimming in the water.

Near the turtle I was told to stop harassing when I attempted to get a picture when I was standing three feet away from it. I'm obviously further away than that in this picture.

At the beach on of the many times I went. I believe I was planning something and was to getting some phone numbers from a friend's cell phone when this was taken.

Trying to make the Dole Plantation look more exciting than it really is.

A cake I made for a friend's birthday - perhaps one of the sweetest creations ever made. The big "sushi roll" is a Rice Krispy treat, followed by fudge, followed by the cake, followed by frosting. The little "sushi rolls" are made of cake, frosted and rolled in coconut, then wrapped with Fruit-by-the-Foot. The other "sushis" are cake, frosted and rolled in coconut, topped with sculpted Sunburst Fruit Chews (the "egg musubi" is also wrapped with a Fruit-by-the-Foot). The "ginger" and "wasabi" are also sculpted fruit chews.

More celebratory sugar overload: This is a chocolate bundt cake filled with marshmallow cream and Twizzler Pull-and-Peel accents. I don't like dinosaurs and am okay making anything that might portray their demise.

A pretty rainbow over the ocean near my home out here.

A beautiful sunset near Waikiki.

The local edited video store offers edited versions of Charley and Singles Ward.

On a side walk in Waikiki.

The message that appeared when I renewed my driver's license on-line. Classy, yeah?
4 comments:
The great sushi roll cake is very impressive. You are quite the creative genius.
If I had only known to update my address with tape. This government of ours is efficient. Thanks for all of the nice photos. It made my day more exciting.
The cakes looked like a work of art and looked and sounded like they tasted yummy.
Fun! I really like that tape on the driver's license idea. The government should use these cost cutting measures more often!
Post a Comment