Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

Happy Be-lated Independence Day!
So the 4th of July was last week. Woohoo! That means celebrations and that's what I did - all day long. I started out with a walk on the beach in the morning. That afternoon I went surfing with some friends. When you consider what I did, surfing is a very liberal use of the word. All I did was paddle out on a board until I got close to where the waves were actually starting to hit, then turned around an paddled back in. I didn't want to get pounded by any waves and have them mess my back up. Mom should be proud of me. She once told me that she prays that I'll exercise the common sense she knows I have.
After that a group of us met up to have what we referred to as an "All-American Barbeque." Actually, we met up to shop for the afore-mentioned activity. We decided on hamburgers, watermelon, chips, roasted potatoes, and home-made apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
We went to Turtle BAy Resort and watched the fireworks there. to be continued

3 comments:

Moo said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. So, did the dinner turn out fabulous? We set off our own fireworks--o.k. the boys set them off. Thanks for the new blog post. Maybe I'll post sometime in the next month.

Marissa said...

Yes, all the food turned out great! Everyone was also really good to chip in to make it and clean up so that helped quite a bit.

Ashley Daley said...

That was one of my favorite 4th of Julys ever.